Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oprah + Obama?

So I wrote awhile earlier about Oprah's support of Barack Obama. Now, Oprah is endorsing Obama's campaign, but she is also going to hit the campaign trail with him. I guess the big question about this is, what kind of effect will Oprah's support have on voters? It's still strange to me to think that a talk show personality is making such a huge impact in politics right now.

I think that to say, Oprah could help Obama win the election is jumping the gun just a bit. However, a lot of people think that the person with the most to worry about in this situation is Hillary Clinton. I do recognize the fact that Oprah could very well help Obama gain some votes that would otherwise go to Clinton. A lot of Clinton's support has come from women voters. However, this is the same demographic of Oprah's viewers. It's very possible that she could sway their votes from Clinton to Obama.

No comments: